Security Screening!

cocknbull

Champion Member
Jan 20, 2012
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Dear All!

One thing you will see in your CAIPS / GCMS is security screening. I just found on the web what is security screening and what they do.

You can be asked to await further checks while your security is pending. Have a look. Thanks

http://www.csis-scrs.gc.ca/bts/fq-eng.asp

Security Screening

What is security screening?

Security screening is a process by which the name of a security clearance applicant is verified against CSIS databases to determine whether the applicant is mentioned in relation to threat-related activities. Depending on the level or category of security clearance required, security screening can also involve interviewing the applicant's friends, neighbours and employers, consulting with local police, and possibly interviewing the applicant.

Top of Page

What is the purpose of security screening?

The purpose of security screening is to prevent anyone of security concern from gaining access to sensitive government assets, locations or information, and to prevent non-Canadians who pose security concerns or risks from entering Canada or receiving permanent residence in the country.

Top of Page

Who must undergo the security screening process?

Federal public service employees, members of the Armed Forces and persons under contract to a government department who, in the performance of their duties, have access to classified government assets or information, as well as people who work at sensitive sites such as airports, the Parliamentary Precinct and nuclear power stations, are required to hold a security clearance. Non-Canadians who apply for permanent residency or refugee status must also undergo security screening. Security assessments fall into the following program categories: Government Screening, Sensitive Sites Screening, Foreign Screening, Immigration and Citizenship Screening, and Refugee Claimant Screening. Read more about security

Kanamen

Champion Member
Oct 20, 2010
CANADA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
cocknbull said:
Dear All!

One thing you will see in your CAIPS / GCMS is security screening. I just found on the web what is security screening and what they do.

You can be asked to await further checks while your security is pending. Have a look. Thanks

Security Screening

Security screening is a process by which the name of a security clearance applicant is verified against CSIS databases to determine whether the applicant is mentioned in relation to threat-related activities. Depending on the level or category of security clearance required, security screening can also involve interviewing the applicant's friends, neighbours and employers, consulting with local police, and possibly interviewing the applicant.

Top of Page

The purpose of security screening is to prevent anyone of security concern from gaining access to sensitive government assets, locations or information, and to prevent non-Canadians who pose security concerns or risks from entering Canada or receiving permanent residence in the country.

Top of Page

Federal public service employees, members of the Armed Forces and persons under contract to a government department who, in the performance of their duties, have access to classified government assets or information, as well as people who work at sensitive sites such as airports, the Parliamentary Precinct and nuclear power stations, are required to hold a security clearance. Non-Canadians who apply for permanent residency or refugee status must also undergo security screening. Security assessments fall into the following program categories: Government Screening, Sensitive Sites Screening, Foreign Screening, Immigration and Citizenship Screening, and Refugee Claimant Screening. Read more about security
You are working hard to spread useful info ,Keep it up my friend

theshivster

Oct 7, 2010
Ireland
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12-04-2011
AOR Received.
17-05-2011
IELTS Request
sent with app 8.5 band score
File Transfer...
RBVO 21 June 2011 IN PROCESS 20 Jan 2012
Med's Request
Med's Done....
02.10.2012 (there is only one DMP here and we were waiting on new passports) Meds line added 19.11.12
Passport Req..
07.02.2013 sent 11.2.13 arrived 12.2.13
VISA ISSUED...
Visa Dated 28.02.2013 Canadian Address on Ecas 02.03.2013 Decision Made Sunday 03.03.2013
LANDED..........
Prinicipal Applicant Landed 14 May. The rest of us landed on 2.9.2013
+1 for post!

Navprateek

Dec 29, 2015
Dear All!

Security Screening

Top of Page

Top of Page

Thanks for the post, I am wondering when can IRCC put you on security screening. To be specific can you be under SS if you are already in IP2 for EE?

Danielnases

Star Member
Apr 18, 2018
Dear All!

Security Screening

Top of Page

Top of Page

I have applied for citizenship 6 month ago and they told me that they are waiting for my security clearance to be be cleared. is there any way that I can check the status of my security clearance application? I know GCMS notes can give me details about my cic applications but how do I check the status of my security clearance?

solid daddy

Star Member
Dec 11, 2017
Lahore
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
22-06-2018
IELTS Request
L8 R9 W7.5 S7
Hey guys! I am a federal public service employee. However I have an ordinary passport. Should I be aware of any problems? Looking forward to kind replies xx

mhd.saboori

Jul 14, 2017
Hi,
Dear all,

I submitted my EE application on Oct 18, 2017.
Yesterday, I called CIC and the agent told me my Criminality and Eligibility are passed. Currently my security checks are in process. He also told me that first step of security checks is done! and I can call in the middle of July to get updates on my application progress.
Two things I need to ask you:
- The agent asked me to call again in a month from now, does it mean anything?
- What is the first step of security checks that he said was done!? Does it have anything to do with CBSA???

Thank you in advance for your kind attention.

Syed Areeb

Star Member
Jun 13, 2019
Karachi, Pakistan
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
20-10-2019
Hello,
I am working in public sector engineering organization of Pakistan, I heard that they put people working in public sector organization on long security screening?? Can someone tell me duration for it?

leevick

Star Member
Feb 8, 2022
China
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
Hello there! I'm on the same boat working for a university in China. How was your experience with SS? Have you finally got through?

DKalkhand

May 9, 2022
Hi,
My AOR is Nov 16 2021.Last ADR was Military service form submitted on 12 Oct 2022.On my application tracker Eligibility,Medical,Biometric complete and background verification is in process since 16 Sep 2022. There is no movement in my case since 7 Nov 2022.GCMS already ordered but not received yet.
Please guide how much more time Background Check may take as it is already more than 6 months.

DKalkhand

May 9, 2022
AOR NOV16 2021
Alberta PNP
SECOND medical completed/Passed on 30 April 2023.
Eligibility complete
Medical completed
Biometrics complete
BG NA3 since 30 April 2023
PPR awaited.
Shall I raise a webform or wait????

DKalkhand

May 9, 2022
I am the primary applicant.My BG status changed to COMPLETE on 19th June 2023 in my application tracker.But for my spouse and son it is still IN PROGRESS .What is the next step ….first their BG COMPLETE and then PPR.