+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PGWP, work and travel

ashucan

Jan 20, 2019
Hi, I have applied for PGWP in May 2022, given the timeline I am expecting reply around the end of September 2022 and this is where the story begins. I applied for TRV along with the PGWP application.
My study visa expires on 30th of September leading to two questions - Whether I can stay in Canada beyond that period. If yes then my wp-ext document states I cannot work beyond 14th of September and that ways it will not be possible for me to stay here since the expenses have to be met.
Now the question is whether one can apply for the visitor visa within Canada while waiting for the PGWP (that has been applied for with TRV) to make sure one can travel to fro in case required?
Can one work beyond the date mentioned in the WP-EXT document or is it the date when I should quit the job at any cost?

Please pardon the confused statements, to summarise I am searching for the way forward when applied for PGWP with TRV and meanwhile the Study Visa and work last date I am allowed to work as per WP-EXT is about to expire as well!

VishnuJ2796

Dec 18, 2018
I think as long as you have a valid TRV, you can leave, re-enter and continue working in Canada irrespective of the processing status of your pgwp application.

VishnuJ2796

Dec 18, 2018
Hi, I have applied for PGWP in May 2022, given the timeline I am expecting reply around the end of September 2022 and this is where the story begins. I applied for TRV along with the PGWP application.
My study visa expires on 30th of September leading to two questions - Whether I can stay in Canada beyond that period. If yes then my wp-ext document states I cannot work beyond 14th of September and that ways it will not be possible for me to stay here since the expenses have to be met.
Now the question is whether one can apply for the visitor visa within Canada while waiting for the PGWP (that has been applied for with TRV) to make sure one can travel to fro in case required?
Can one work beyond the date mentioned in the WP-EXT document or is it the date when I should quit the job at any cost?

Please pardon the confused statements, to summarise I am searching for the way forward when applied for PGWP with TRV and meanwhile the Study Visa and work last date I am allowed to work as per WP-EXT is about to expire as well!
Hi! Did you get any updates on your trv application? Do they accept it if both submitted together?
Also if you could please tell me if you applied for TRV based on your current study permit or just as visiting purpose?

Patron000

May 13, 2024

Were you able to make it? I’m in the same boat as you.