+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Permanent residency pathways

zehivezy

Jan 26, 2024
I'm currently in the express entry pool but my score is 474 which is way below the minimum cut-off. The only reason I submitted was to be in the pool in case something new came up. I'm below the age of 30, have the maximum score for English and don't know French. I got my undergraduate degree here in Canada with one year of working experience in a field not related to my degree and I'm currently working part-time as a research assistant in a research lab for the past 4 months. My major was biology so this new job is related to my degree. I live in Alberta but I can't apply for Alberta opportunity stream (currently paused) because even if I get the equivalent of 6 months of working experience from my part-time job I don't have a job offer for minimum 12 months and I don't think I can get that. my noc code doesn't fall under Alberta tech pathway because I work in University and the noc code is not the same as the one for biologist technician so I'm currently out of options. I have one year left on my PGWP and still no PR pathway to apply for. I wanted to discuss it here to see if anyone has any suggestions or recommendations for me I thought about moving to a different province like BC but I applied for jobs there for almost a year and never heard back but I'm open to any suggestions this PR problem is really becoming a nightmare for me. I appreciate your ideas in advance!

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
I'm currently in the express entry pool but my score is 474 which is way below the minimum cut-off. The only reason I submitted was to be in the pool in case something new came up. I'm below the age of 30, have the maximum score for English and don't know French. I got my undergraduate degree here in Canada with one year of working experience in a field not related to my degree and I'm currently working part-time as a research assistant in a research lab for the past 4 months. My major was biology so this new job is related to my degree. I live in Alberta but I can't apply for Alberta opportunity stream (currently paused) because even if I get the equivalent of 6 months of working experience from my part-time job I don't have a job offer for minimum 12 months and I don't think I can get that. my noc code doesn't fall under Alberta tech pathway because I work in University and the noc code is not the same as the one for biologist technician so I'm currently out of options. I have one year left on my PGWP and still no PR pathway to apply for. I wanted to discuss it here to see if anyone has any suggestions or recommendations for me I thought about moving to a different province like BC but I applied for jobs there for almost a year and never heard back but I'm open to any suggestions this PR problem is really becoming a nightmare for me. I appreciate your ideas in advance!
Learn French if you have a year.