+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

No mention of 3 months Gap

djaisfhia

Sep 2, 2023
Hello
I was invited by the master stream of OINP on August 30th, I just submitted my application and paid my fees.

However, I just noticed that I omitted a detail in the section of "Travel and other activities". I graduated from University and got my master degree on June 2023, and I have found a full-time job which will start on September 5th, 2023. I have attached the job offer in my application.
Therefore, there is a gap of almost 3 months. During this period, I was in an employment status and waiting to start my job in September. I did not disclose the graduation gap in my application.

Could you please tell me what is the impact on my application? If possible, can I update my information by sending an e-mail?

Thanks for your reply!

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Hello
I was invited by the master stream of OINP on August 30th, I just submitted my application and paid my fees.

However, I just noticed that I omitted a detail in the section of "Travel and other activities". I graduated from University and got my master degree on June 2023, and I have found a full-time job which will start on September 5th, 2023. I have attached the job offer in my application.
Therefore, there is a gap of almost 3 months. During this period, I was in an employment status and waiting to start my job in September. I did not disclose the graduation gap in my application.

Could you please tell me what is the impact on my application? If possible, can I update my information by sending an e-mail?

Thanks for your reply!
So your employer is eligible and filled out the employer form? This information would have been provided by your employer in the form with your start date. Not sure the gap is relevant.

Reactions: djaisfhia

fronflower

Sep 3, 2023
Based on the information you have provided, it seems you made a minor omission in your OINP application by not mentioning your graduation and employment gap from June to September 2023. Here are a few suggestions on how to proceed:

- This does not seem like a major issue that would lead to refusal of your application. The key details about your education, job offer, and current employment status are already disclosed.

- You can send an email to OINP providing the missing information about your graduation and brief gap. Explain it was an inadvertent omission and provide any documents if needed.

- Updating with additional information is usually allowed, as long as it does not materially change your eligibility. A short graduation gap is unlikely to impact your eligibility.

- If OINP needs any clarification after your email, they will contact you. Otherwise, consider your application updated and wait for further processing.

- Going forward, carefully review entire application before submission to avoid any omissions. But in this case, a quick email update should suffice.

In summary, providing the missing graduation gap information by email to OINP is recommended. This minor omission is unlikely to impact your application, and the email update should address it. Let me know if you need any other suggestions on how to proceed.

Reactions: djaisfhia

djaisfhia

Sep 2, 2023
Based on the information you have provided, it seems you made a minor omission in your OINP application by not mentioning your graduation and employment gap from June to September 2023. Here are a few suggestions on how to proceed:

- This does not seem like a major issue that would lead to refusal of your application. The key details about your education, job offer, and current employment status are already disclosed.

- You can send an email to OINP providing the missing information about your graduation and brief gap. Explain it was an inadvertent omission and provide any documents if needed.

- Updating with additional information is usually allowed, as long as it does not materially change your eligibility. A short graduation gap is unlikely to impact your eligibility.

- If OINP needs any clarification after your email, they will contact you. Otherwise, consider your application updated and wait for further processing.

- Going forward, carefully review entire application before submission to avoid any omissions. But in this case, a quick email update should suffice.

In summary, providing the missing graduation gap information by email to OINP is recommended. This minor omission is unlikely to impact your application, and the email update should address it. Let me know if you need any other suggestions on how to proceed.
Thank you very much for your advice! I appreciate it!

djaisfhia

Sep 2, 2023
So your employer is eligible and filled out the employer form? This information would have been provided by your employer in the form with your start date. Not sure the gap is relevant.
Thanks for your reply! I have sent an e-mail to OINP. Hope it works!

Kumar93

Jan 3, 2023
Thanks for your reply! I have sent an e-mail to OINP. Hope it works!
Hi @djaisfhia, I hope you are doing good. Actually I'm in the similar situation where I missed to mention the gap between my graduation and my first employment under other activities section in my OINP application. The gap is almost 6 months.
So, can you please let me know the below, as it would help me in correcting my application.
1. What steps you followed for including your gap?
2. Did you get any response after your actions, if yes after how many days?
3. Is that change reflected/updated in your OINP application?
4. Have you received your nomination after this step?

Any help is greatly appreciated, thank you.