+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Did not meet RO, and now planning to go back to Canada.

rjjb1224

May 19, 2024
I have arrived in Canada last 2013 (with PR status / card), stayed in Canada (with my family) all through out without going out of the country ever since until 2017 (My PR card expired at year 2017 but was not able to renew it). I went back to my home country (Philippines) last 2018, I stayed, and I'm still here now wanting to go back to Canada and reunite with my Family (Parents and sibling), they're now a Canadian Citizen still staying in Canada. The problem is, I have not met the RO and I'm planning to apply for a PRTD (assuming that it will be rejected because I've not met the RO since 2018). Any advice on what to do next? Planning to go with H&C under Family Consideration. Any advise or insight will much be appreciated.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
I have arrived in Canada last 2013 (with PR status / card), stayed in Canada (with my family) all through out without going out of the country ever since until 2017 (My PR card expired at year 2017 but was not able to renew it). I went back to my home country (Philippines) last 2018, I stayed, and I'm still here now wanting to go back to Canada and reunite with my Family (Parents and sibling), they're now a Canadian Citizen still staying in Canada. The problem is, I have not met the RO and I'm planning to apply for a PRTD (assuming that it will be rejected because I've not met the RO since 2018). Any advice on what to do next? Planning to go with H&C under Family Consideration. Any advise or insight will much be appreciated.
What do you mean by H&C under family consideration? If you want to apply for PR under H&C, you cannot do that from outside of Canada.

If you want to make an H&C argument, then you need to do that when you apply for the PRTD and have a very very strong argument for why you were unable to return to Canada to meet RO.

rjjb1224

May 19, 2024
What do you mean by H&C under family consideration? If you want to apply for PR under H&C, you cannot do that from outside of Canada.

If you want to make an H&C argument, then you need to do that when you apply for the PRTD and have a very very strong argument for why you were unable to return to Canada to meet RO.
Thanks for the prompt response.

- Did you mean that I should include my H&C reason / argument to consider when I apply for PRTD online?

- Do you think family reunification will suffice? Since my immediate family members (parents and sibling) is still currently living together in Canada, and already a Canadian Citizens.

- May I also ask what about the list of reason/s they could consider when applying a PRTD with an H&C argument?

-If ever they rejected my PRTD application and renounce my PR status upon failing to meet the RO, is there any other way I can get back to Canada and reunite with my family? Or there's no more chance for me to go back there?

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
You need to include H&C reasons to return in your PRTD application. Why have you not been able to return?

How old are you? Siblings are not immediate family. If over 22, immediate family are spouse and children, not parents/siblings.

Why couldn’t you return? Looking after sick relative, deaths of family members. Has to be compelling reasons why you have been out of the country since 2018. Why didn’t you apply for PRTD in 2018.

If PRTD is refused then look at immigration programs like Express Entry based on age, education, language, work experience and funds.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Thanks for the prompt response.

- Did you mean that I should include my H&C reason / argument to consider when I apply for PRTD online?

- Do you think family reunification will suffice? Since my immediate family members (parents and sibling) is still currently living together in Canada, and already a Canadian Citizens.

- May I also ask what about the list of reason/s they could consider when applying a PRTD with an H&C argument?

-If ever they rejected my PRTD application and renounce my PR status upon failing to meet the RO, is there any other way I can get back to Canada and reunite with my family? Or there's no more chance for me to go back there?
Yes, you need to include the H&C reasons with your PRTD application.

You should assume family reunification will not suffice. You need to explain and provide evidence for the reason or reasons that prevented you from meeting the residency obligation.

If you lose PR, your family members will most likely not be able to sponsor you. You will need to qualify for PR on your own.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
As previously noted Canada considers a spouse and children under 22 as your family.