+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

CRS score different from the actual PR application

CanadaRatan

Dec 12, 2023
Hello,

I calculated the CRS score on the IRCC website, which said my score would be 479. Although I currently have no chance of getting an ITA, I still created a PR profile but the moment I applied the portal said my score was 499. I am surprised as I have recalculated and compared the CRS tool vs PR Portal to see the difference. The difference I noticed is that I have received more points for education in Canada.

The query I have is
1) Is the CRS tool an accurate tool to figure points?
2) Is this commonly noticed that the scores of the CRS tool don't match the PR portal score?
3) Also, I had scored 10,10,10, 10 in Celpip. Will scoring 11 in all get me more points? No harm in collecting as much as I can. Currently, I am only floating in the PR pool.

Thank you

ciudadano0

Apr 26, 2024
Hello,

I calculated the CRS score on the IRCC website, which said my score would be 479. Although I currently have no chance of getting an ITA, I still created a PR profile but the moment I applied the portal said my score was 499. I am surprised as I have recalculated and compared the CRS tool vs PR Portal to see the difference. The difference I noticed is that I have received more points for education in Canada.

The query I have is
1) Is the CRS tool an accurate tool to figure points?
2) Is this commonly noticed that the scores of the CRS tool don't match the PR portal score?
3) Also, I had scored 10,10,10, 10 in Celpip. Will scoring 11 in all get me more points? No harm in collecting as much as I can. Currently, I am only floating in the PR pool.

Thank you
1, 2) In my case, there was not difference between CRS tool and PR portal scores
3) No, 10-12 in Celpip will give you the same number of CRS points.