+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

December 2023 - Citizenship Applications

mark56

Star Member
Jun 20, 2016
Does anyone know if we can use the same pictures from the citizenship application when applying for a passport? Looks like the specification for both is the same, and it’s within 6 months since taken
Lucky you to not have to take pics again.
I spent almost $300 for my family's pic between last year and this year - once for PR Card, then citizenship and now passport.

Application18

Nov 19, 2018
Hi Everyone,
I am still in the same status. Not sure what is going on. Would anyone have any suggestion?
Last update was 12th April (Background check completed) => Updated on tracker on 16th April. Nothing since then. Single Applicant. Mississauga Office.

Reactions: elkapelka

fièrementcanadien

Star Member
Jan 31, 2024
Vancouver
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Sydney
Hi Everyone,
I am still in the same status. Not sure what is going on. Would anyone have any suggestion?
Last update was 12th April (Background check completed) => Updated on tracker on 16th April. Nothing since then. Single Applicant. Mississauga Office.
1. Call IRCC (most likely not gonna be helpful but it'll keep you distracted)
2. Order GCMS notes (most likely will take a month but it'll keep you distracted)

rupindershergill

Sep 1, 2017
December 13 applicant:
BG is completed, LPP is in process.
Just got an email with Notice to Appear via Teams. It says "Invitation to an interview with a Citizenship Official".
Any idea what would this interview be about?

elkapelka

Star Member
Nov 27, 2021
Hi Everyone,
Unfortunately, there are still some people still waiting for an update including myself. Background was completed April 8, updated on the tracker April 10. And since then complete silence. I'm just waiting for the processing times to drop below 8 months so that I can get my MLA involved.

fièrementcanadien

Star Member
Jan 31, 2024
Vancouver
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Sydney
Thanks for responding. Can we call IRCC from the US as I am travelling for now?
how to order GCMS notes for citizenship application in case you know?
1. Yes, you can.
1. Yes, I do.

Both the questions you asked can be answered with a few minutes of searching on this very forum so I'm not gonna copy-paste stuff for you. They don't pay me enough for that lol. Good luck.

Alalac

Oct 2, 2021
December 13 applicant:
BG is completed, LPP is in process.
Just got an email with Notice to Appear via Teams. It says "Invitation to an interview with a Citizenship Official".
Any idea what would this interview be about?
Make sure to bring all documents that you used in your application. They might ask random things and will check your documents. After that it is a high probability that your LPP will turn green.